July 2, 2013
ShowTown LLC (“ShowTown”) welcomes casual browsers, performers, owners and managers of entertainment venues, and others who may choose to access www.showtown.co and other entertainment Sites we may offer to our community, all of whom we will refer to herein as ‘you,’ ‘User’ or ‘Users.’
We value your privacy, and we want you, the User, to know what information we collect on our Sites (“Site” or “Sites”) and what we do with it.
Specific Information We Collect
We have several areas where Users can submit information to us regarding their entertainment and performance interests, offerings, and concerns, and we also reserve the right to automatically collect certain information from Users, relating to browsing habits, preferences and other behaviors you may exhibit online.
* Browsing the Site. If you are simply browsing our Site, you will not be required to register or provide any other personal data. We may track a given User’s browsing behaviors on our Site on a non-personally identifiable basis, for our own internal use, or to share with selected third parties.
* Registration, Services. Users must register to participate as an entertainment venue, artist or fan, participate in competitions, post content on our Site(s) or otherwise benefit from ShowTown’s services. Where we collect data on individuals or businesses that might include personal information, ie names, phone numbers, emails, music interests, etc., we generally do not make use of this information for any purpose outside of ShowTown’s stated mission of enhancing relations among entertainers, venues and fans. We will not disclose that information to third parties without first requesting permission from Users to do so.
* Outgoing Communications and Mailing Lists. In order to keep members of our entertainment communities informed about matters of specific interest, we may send e- mails and announcements to email addresses Users provided to us upon registration. Users may opt out of such activity by making a request to User Services at email@example.com.
Automatic Data Collection
The Site. As you browse our website(s) and as User uses any of the provided Services, we may track your movement through the Site through our web logs. We may gather information such as date, time, connection speed and IP address of Users. We will only use this data, if at all, on an aggregated basis with that of other users to enhance our Services and for general business purposes such as Site analysis and ad sales.
We may also use session cookies to help us facilitate any promotions, competitions or surveys that we provide. These cookies do not contain any personally identifying information and we do not store data collected by them.
As part of the sign-in process for our services provided to registered Users, we may also use what are commonly called "persistent" cookies, which stay with Users after a given session is over and that User is offline. We may use these cookies in connection with a sign-in feature that allows Users to retain member names and passwords so that upon the next log in, these fields will be pre-populated.
These technologies help us to track, for example, whether an e-mail recipient has completed an event, such as signing up for a band competition. The generated information is related to non-personally identifying customer identification numbers and is only analyzed at aggregate levels.
We sometimes utilize third party service providers to help us track the activity and User flows within our service or Sites. These third parties may use temporary cookies and/or web beaconing technology to facilitate such tracking. Such tracking would track an individual User’s movements but the data would not be tracked in a personally identifiable way. Such data would be stored and analyzed on an aggregated basis for purposes of internal analysis by ShowTown to improve the service.
The following are the ONLY exceptions to our general policy with respect to sharing of User information:
* We will share information with companies acting as our agents in hosting or otherwise supporting our Site and in supporting our services to Users (e.g. transactional services, customer service, messaging), all of which agree to use it only for the narrow purpose of providing such support, and to keep the information secure and confidential.
* ShowTown will also disclose User personal information when required to do so by law, for example, in response to a court order or a subpoena or other legal obligation, in response to a law enforcement agency's request, or in special cases when we have reason to believe that disclosing this information is necessary to identify, contact or bring legal action against someone who may be causing injury to or interference with (either intentionally or unintentionally) our rights or property.
* User should also be aware that certain Courts, such as U.S. Bankruptcy Courts, might have the authority under certain circumstances to permit your information to be shared or transferred to third parties without your permission.
ShowTown endeavors to protect the security of Users’ personal information, and related information regarding participation, behaviors and choices, for its intended use.
ShowTown uses secure technology, such as TLS, i.e. Transport Layer Security, to protect sensitive User information. We store User personal information on a secure server, and otherwise use procedures designed to protect the information we collect from loss, misuse, unauthorized access or disclosure, alteration or destruction.